Tri Diva Reunion Event? Hell, yeah!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I came... I tri'd... I finished!

I did it! I finished the tri. We could not have asked for better weather, but by the time the run started it was getting HOT!

The lake was fairly calm and instead of an in-water start, they did a time-trial start, every 5 seconds. I really liked that. The swim was a challenge, but not nearly the chaos I had prepared myself for.

I crossed the swim start and had to wait as the lifeguards were actually bringing an athlete back. This guy was cut and buff... I was so curious as to why he didn't make it to the first bouy; of course it could be anything. That kind of made me a little more nervous. Anyway, my time had started, but I couldn't get in the water until this guy was in.

Darren took some video of me swimming; I couldn't believe it was me. Except for my droopy elbows, I was doing pretty good. About half-way I back-stroked it to get a rest to try to pull it out the last third.

I didn't try to speed through my transitions, I was just steady and took my time.

The bike... not to be tootin' my horn, was a joke after doing the MS150 in April, that was a breeze. The run on the other hand... oiy! The first mile seemed longer than the last. I probably walked a mile/jogged a mile total.
The total elapsed time was 1:15 when I crossed... that's from start of the entire race. I was one of the last couple dozen swimmers to jump in. I'll get my official times tomorrow.

I feel very accomplished right now. I feel like I could do it again and I definitely won't stop the swimming. I can only imagine how well I would have done if I had enough pool time under my belt!

Anyway... that's it. I'll leave you all with some pictures:

Note: click on the pictures to see the full-size (and all of each one. The blog format cut them off because they were too wide.)

Mommy in her Uglies


Waiting for my Swim Start


Finishing the bike


Crossin' the Finish


My Finishers' Medal



My New Lucky Numbers

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Way to go, D! You look great and very cool finisher's medal. :)

Jenn said...

Why can't I see the finisher's medal??? :( It's not there for some reason. Maybe something's wonky with my picture settings or something.

Donna said...

Just click on the pictures to see full-size. :)