Tri Diva Reunion Event? Hell, yeah!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oops

I just looked at the race map for Sunday.

Hill. BIG hill. During the run. A hill that runs up and around a circular drive for one of the local universities... AND! It's out and back... meaning hill. BIG hill. Twice.

Oh well, ya know? I'm in it hill or no.

I finally did manage to make to make it back to the gym and do a mini tri with my trainer last night... full swim, transition to spin bike, transition to indoor track. I only biked about 20 minutes and ran about a mile... but the transitions are strange. Especially that one from biking to running. Oh well, it's all strange actually.

I had my shirt half on, half off, running through the gym in my socks, trying to pull my tech shirt over my wet bathing suit, dripping puddles of water as I went. Let me tell you, the looks you get... people think I'm being tortured to death.

A little old lady stopped me last week after watching me in the pool area... and she said "What on earth are you doing, darlin'? You're too old for the Olympics!"

I just laughed and said "I'm training for a triathlon."

"Oh, well, good luck with that!"

It was just funny... too old for the Olympics... I guess she didn't watch Dana Torres kicking butt and taking names... or any other of the countless athletes in their 30's also kicking butt and taking names.

I'm getting so excited. I'm pumped up. I can't wait to cross my first finish line.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I am so excited for you, girl! The feeling of crossing the finish line is fantabulous. You only have one first triathlon, so have fun and make some cheesy memories. :)