Tri Diva Reunion Event? Hell, yeah!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

What's the Plan Stan?

Okay, 21 days until the LiveSTRONG. That's a 5K on Saturday and *cough* 62 miles on the bike Sunday. Yeah, I wussed. I changed from the 90+ to the 62. I just haven't been on the bike enough and that's just the flat-out truth.

The Bike Around the Bay was cancelled due to Ike. :( Kinda bummed about that, but there are other rides.

November 2nd is the Tour de Donut. Donuts at every rest-stop; as many as you can eat. For every one you consume, you get a 5 second finish credit. LOL You can finish before you even start if you eat enough!

November 19th is a new ride in Wallis, TX. The Independence Ride. Benefits civil servants who fight the "global war on terror". I think I'm going to do this one. :)

I would love to get to Dallas to roll with y'all for the Turkey ride, whateve that was. I'm thinking about how that could work out. Just don't know if my family will be here yet.

MS150 registration is open on October 15th. I believe I am going to move forward with it. This will be a challenge for me, doing it on my own. My secondary goal is to be more *social* and make friends... I just don't do that well in real life *sigh*

Already know the first ride in 2009 will be the Frost 50. April will be right around the corner and that's the MS150. I'll need every ride I can get.

Oh... and don't think I'm not thinking about the Danskin Austin. I'm there... like white on rice. :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love all the rides you're doing!

I want to do the MS150 here in Tulsa next year. It was the second week of September this year and I had no where near the mileage to even contemplate it.

Good luck!

Courtney said...

Looks like a great plan, stan! :p

I'm on the fence about MS150 (for obvious reasons), but I'd still like to do it. As much as I'd hate to do it alone, I may shoot for the DFW event so I don't have to be too far away from A and the wonder twins.

I'm glad you're committed to the Danskin. We are going to have a blast!

Donna said...

Julie, if you can do 75 miles, 2 days in a row, you can pull out the extra mileage. Further, there ain't no shame in sag'n if you have to. Plenty of folks do it to get 15 mile break. It can make all the difference between having fun and being miserable.