Tri Diva Reunion Event? Hell, yeah!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Looking Ahead...

Well, well...a new month has arrived! Fresh start, anyone?

I've decided to take a page out of Sarah's book and start planning out my '09 race schedule. Everything is tentative at this point (except Danskin, of course), but I'm almost certain this is how things will play out:

Butterfly Boogie 5K - March 28, 2009
Tour Dallas - April 4, 2009
Rotary Sprint Triathlon - May 17, 2009
Danskin Women's Triathlon (Austin) - June 7, 2009
Benbrook Women's Triathlon - October 4, 2009
LiveStrong Challenge (Austin) - October 23-25, 2009
Denton Turkey Roll - November 21, 2009

Noticeably missing from the lineup is the MS150. I've decided to put it off for another year. With the chaos that will enter my life in the 1Q 2009, I can't commit to the training schedule required for such a major event. Also, this was an event that I planned to do with Alana and since she's birthin' twin boys sometime in February, I'm almost certain that will knock her out of the April ride. It wouldn't be the same without her. *sniff*

I've decided to go kicking and screaming embrace my inner runner (I know the chick is in there somewhere) and start a running class. I'm going to do the spring session 4/13 - 5/21.

So, that's my plan for the new year. I'm feeling positive right now (with the exception of the damn tooth issue...but the dentist is going to bring the pain on Tuesday and I'm hoping for relief shortly after). I am going to ride this little wave and do some damage in November. I will return to the gym 5X week, I will give my liver a bit of a break, I will log some outdoor miles (Denton Turkey Ride is 3 weeks away) and I'll stop indulging in those blasted Fiber One Poptarts...freaking candy with fiber!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: