Tri Diva Reunion Event? Hell, yeah!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

27 Days and Counting...

I took long enough to make a decision, but have decided to go through with the sprint distance in the Lonestar Tri Festival.

  1. It will be good practice for the Danskin
  2. It is local, Local, LOCAL (as in 6 exits from my house)
  3. the venue is nice... Moody Gardens Beach for the swim, general Moody Gardens area for the run and the Galveston Island Sea Wall for the the Bike. :)
  4. I'm nuts.... it's the day before the Space Race, so why the heck not?!?
  5. That swim coach I met says it's one of the best run events in the area
  6. Has the best swag-bags around. :)
  7. Recruited *E* to do it too... maybe we'll get to meet sometime before then. LOL
So it's .3 mile swim, 12.5 mile bike and 5K run.

So, that's that.

Darren is on a surprise 40th birthday kayaking trip this weekend, so it has been just me and Cassafrass. Since I couldn't ride with my team, I brought her with me to the gym yesterday and took spin class, then rushed to the pool. I stayed until I did 1600 meters. After that we spent the rest of the day at the Zoo... we both slept well last night.

Today we've been running errands, etc... not much else but that and laundry. Cass wants to ride her bike later, so we'll probably do that, at the least. :)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

You had me at swag! LOL

Lynnderful said...

Wish I could join you! Good luck Diva D!