Tri Diva Reunion Event? Hell, yeah!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Still Slacking

Ok, so I'm really behind on my training.... but I did manage to clock 3 hours and almost 30 miles on the bike on Sunday. It was windy as all hell, and the trail was crowded... packed actually.... so it was hard to keep a steady pace... it was also hard trying o build up the necessary momentum for the evil bridge and the hill from hell (Lesli - you probably know them well...) so it was embarrassing how slow it was.... but I managed to burn 3300 calories in those 3 hours, so I'm proud of myself.... and I found that all my bike muscles still work *LOL*

I'm gonna drop Jake off at Campbell Street Bike Shop (the coolest bike shop I know, with the coolest owners!) for his annual check-up and to get new pedals that I can use with my cleats... that should make the hills a little easier. They are cool because they have a full platform, so I can ride with or without my cycling shoes. I also have to see about getting a new bike seat... Comfort seat, my arse!!!! No matter how I tweaked the position of it, it is just too darn wide... never thought I'd say that! So I'll have to see what I can find that won't break the bank :)

As for Ferris, he's downstairs in the basement with his training tire on the back. He and I are gonna have a little spin this afternoon/evening since the weather is gonna be lousy.

Still hate the treadmill, but I also hate the idea of jogging out in the real world where everyone and their brother can see the girls suffer. And I don't need "EARTHQUAKE" comments from buttheads in passing cars either.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Not really slacking if you're out riding 30 miles in the wind, now are you?

Be kind to yourself, would ya?

Courtney said...

I agree...30 miles is not anywhere near Slackerville.

Tell Peter that Alana and I said hello. He truly made the logistics of doing an out-of-state tri easier. Our bikes were in good hands. :)

Jenn said...

Yeah, but one workout a week does not a training regime make... I haven't been in the pool in who know how long... I think I'm just getting freaked out by that DAMN COUNTDOWN APP!!!!

CoCo: Will do... he's got Jake right now... He's getting a tune-up and new pedals :) Hope I get him back before the weekend :)

Donna said...

Well, then, let the "damn countdown app" be your impetus to get into the swing! :)

BTW, I added the app. LOL

Lass said...

Slacker, you are not. Dude, 30 miles in the wind?! I bow down to you.

Jenn said...

Thanks for the ego boost girls.... and thanks for the app to give me the much needed swift kick in the butt, Donna ;>