Tri Diva Reunion Event? Hell, yeah!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Leslie - Your Question

Leslie, to answer your question about lifting...

First, I always start with lifting and do cardio second. When I do my lifting, I go for 8 to 10 really hard reps and do circuit training, so I'm never sitting around "resting" I try to keep my heart rate above 140. To help achieve that I I alternate body parts for peripheral calorie burn; make the blood go from my upper body to lower body, for instance...

I'll do a set on the lat pull down machine, and follow it immediately with weighted travel lunges, moving the blood from my shoulders/back to my legs. I create a plan ahead of time that maximizes that transfer.

I never work the same body parts 2 days in a row, either.

My plans usually consist of 5 circuits. For instance:

Barbell Squats & Push-ups
Lat Pull Down & Prisoner Squats
Cable Row & Knee-tucks on the bench
Leg Press & Traveling lunges
Stiff Legged Dead Lifts & Seated Leg Curls
Lateral Raises & Single-Leg Squats
Dumbbell Shoulder Press & Weighted Step-ups

No comments: