Tri Diva Reunion Event? Hell, yeah!

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Why walk when you can run?

I'm still trying to find the love for running. Does anyone manufacture the beloved "runner's high" that folks just rave about? If so, I'd like to place an order...preferably fruit punch flavored, if they have it. :p

Tonight will start another week of the CT5K program. I'm determined to finish the entire plan...mainly so I can wear this t-shirt and not be a poser...

In nutrition news, I think I found a bar that I love even more than Luna. Some of you may already be hip to Larabars, but I'm going to brag on them anyway. I've seen them for awhile and never picked one up. I guess the whole raw food thing made me cautious. Let's face it...we've all experimented with energy bars and some of them have left us scarred for life. Ugh...Soy Joy comes to mind.

Anyway, a friend of mine wouldn't shut up about the greatness that is Larabar, so I picked up the Apple Pie version yesterday. The ingredient list: Dates, walnuts, unsweetened apples, almonds, raisins and cinnamon. What? No strange chemicals with funky names that I can't pronounce? I opened the wrapper and prepared myself for the worst. I almost held my nose before taking a bite but decided that was inappropriate behavior for an almost 30 diva like myself. The verdict? I am in love! Oh my goodness...what a great bar! It truly does taste like apple pie. It was satisfyingly sweet (but not enough to upset my stomach if consumed during physical activity). I went back to the store and purchased cherry pie, ginger snap and banana cookie for the next round of tests.

Nutrition Facts for the Apple Pie Larabar
Calories 180
Fat 10g (seems high, but it's good fat from the nuts)
Carbs 23g
Fiber 4g

Check out Larabar.com for more information. I'm now on a mission to find the *new* Key Lime flavor.

Hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I want this shirt -- share the linkage Court!

Jenn said...

Me too. I'm loving the shirt :)